On the promontory known as Capo Sant’Alessio rises an ancient castle dating back to the 12th century. The manor has a polygonal plan surmounted by two towers, one of rectangular shape, the other cylindrical. On the slopes of the mountain, moreover, the remains of old
kilns used for the treatment of lime are still visible.
In addition to the castle, it is worth visiting the ancient house called "delle time", the Quartiere di Mezzo, which groups together houses from the 1600s and a portal from 1770 and the sculpture "Alaluna", a work created by the artist Nino Ucchino in honor of Pier Paolo Pasolini.
In the neighborhood of the Madonna del Carmelo there is a church dating back to the Norman period. Still in the same area there are ancient residential buildings, mostly abandoned. The town also hosts the Villa Genovesi, also called Villa del Gallo because on the top of a tower there is a small iron cockerel which has become the symbol of the town.
The nineteenth-century structure, with its characteristic sloping roof, currently houses a recreational-cultural center.
Sant’Alessio Siculo has become a predominantly tourism-oriented town, thanks above all to the splendid beach and to the creation of excellent accommodation facilities that can accommodate thousands of tourists every year. The ancient castle of Sant’Alessio and a splendid cliff are the backdrop to the sea, a spectacle that will surely capture your attention.